Rationalize Montana's liquor control laws
Montana's current system of regulating the dispensation and sale of alcoholic beverages harms our communities and drags down our economy.
- It hampers the creation of new businesses
- It makes Montana a less desirable place for tourism
- It creates an unhealthy link between gambling and alcohol consumption
- It limits the growth of Montana's musical industry
- It encourages Montana's to drive long distances to purchase and consume alcohol, leading to our disgraceful DUI rates.
The Montana Policy Group (MPG) is dedicated to rationalizing Montana's alcoholic beverage control laws to encourage the growth of our downtown areas, provide new opportunities for small business development, to encourage new venues for music and nightlife, to cut the pernicious link between gambling and alcohol consumption, and to make travel on our highways safer.